A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Saturday 26 February 2011

The Woop Bird.

Aka, Bronze Wing Pigeon.
Bronze Wing Pigeon.  Blue Mountains, New South Wales.
A flock of these ground loving pigeons have taken up permanent residency in our garden.  Usually they scrounge around in the leaf litter on the south side of the house. 
This morning I was startled by this one on the north-western side.
The human residents of the same plot of ground call these birds Whoop Birds because that's the sound they make when calling.
A bird bath is always on hand for them because they love to drink from it, especially in hot and humid weather.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.