A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday 14 April 2011

Pumpkin Soup Thursday.

Drove down the mountain to visit my Mum today for Dad's thirteenth anniversary of his passing.  He died from Mesothelioma which he contracted from his work in an asbestos fibro manufacturing plant during the early fifties.
He used to bring  his overalls home for Mum to wash in the old washing machine.  I think this plays on Mum's mind from time to time.
The weather was glorious today and we wandered around the garden.  There is no organisation in Mum's garden but she has a little bit of everything growing which keeps her in good stead for the odd vegetable, fruit or herb. 
Mum picked a lusciously orange Kent pumpkin and gave me half to take home, here is a 'pic' of the yummy pumpkin.


And here is the Recipe for tonight's Thai Spiked Pumpkin Soup.  Must warn you though, this recipe requires around two hours of cooking time.  (It's going to be around eight o'clock before we get dinner tonight!)  Also, my recipe does not use milk and shredded coconut, instead I use 400 mls of coconut milk.  Oh, and I only used one variety of pumpkin.
I must admit, this recipe needs a bit more time than run of the mill pumpkin soup, but not that much more effort.  I think it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.