A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 8 July 2011

Spare A Thought.

Wild Weather has been playing havoc with life in the Blue Mountains.
I would like you all to spare a thought for the people of the Upper Blue Mountains, where many are without power.
The temperature last night reached a low of 1.8 oC in the Lower Blue Mountains.
Our household woke to a frosty morning.  I can only imagine what it must be like for the residents of Blackheath and surrounds where wind chill factor brings the temperature to below freezing. Some have lost their homes and most are without power.
Thankfully, the second cold front predicted was not as severe and this morning, the air is calm and the sun is shining.
Blue Mountains Gazette.
BMG Gallery

2 comments:

  1. It is dreadful here on the coast as well. The wind is drying out the garden and everything looks tattered. Hope you stay warm and well
    cheers Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Ian. The Illawarra region has been our home away from home for around 30 years now.
    The flora in the Illawarra and the Blue Mountains is so similiar it freaks me out sometimes.
    The weather isn't that much different either except that Sydney tends to get a lot more humid in the summer. That's when we head down south!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.