A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Monday 22 August 2011

The Yummiest GF Cupcakes.

For afternoon tea today, I made some gluten free cupcakes.  I juggled an old conventional recipe I had and was so happy with how light and airy they turned out I thought I'd share the recipe with you.
I am including the brands for some of the ingredients I used to ensure the results are replicated as much as possible, and because they are gluten free.

Vanilla Gluten Free Cupcakes With White Chocolate Ganache Icing.

250g butter, softened.
200g caster sugar.
4 eggs.
270g F.G. Roberts gluten free self-raising flour.
2tsp Ward's gluten free baking powder.
1tsp vanilla extract.
5tablespoons old milk.
1tsp Xanthan Gum.
2tablespoons Jalna Premium Vanilla Creamy Yoghourt.

Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced, 200C conventional.
Place butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and milk into a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer until well blended.
Add flour, baking powder and Xanthan gum to the mixture all at once and continue to beat until the ingredients are well combined and a nice thick and creamy consistency.  Finally beat in the Vanilla Yoghourt until well blended.

Place 18 muffin paper patty pans into muffin tins and evenly spoon in mixture. Fill each patty pan two thirds full.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer then cool on wire racks.

White Chocolate Ganache Icing.
Break up one 220g block of Cadbury Dream White Chocolate into individual squares, chop up roughly and set aside.
Place 75ml Devondale Longlife Thickened Cream into a small stainless steel saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. 
Remove from heat and immediately add chopped chocolate stirring continuously until chocolate  has melted completely and you have a nice smooth consistency.  Allow to cool slightly then spoon onto cupcakes, repeat with a second coat if desired.  
Decorate as desired.  I used (inedible) scrap-booking paper stars which my Grand Daughter enjoyed collecting at afternoon tea but 
I recommend only using these if the cupcakes are to be served immediately. 

I served with a cup of Tulsi Sweet Rose organic tea.

Well...I made these for August 5, and again last week using Orgran brand of GF self-raising flour. Both times they were delicious.  The second time I used smaller patty pans and made about twenty four cups cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.