A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Monday 14 November 2011

Crop & Swap


A big thank you to Jo & Joe!

Here is what I took (or some of it at least) 
Broad beans, herbs, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves.

Potted herbs.

Sprouted adzuki beans and live silkworms!

Here is Joe giving the inauguration speech!


And below are some of the goodies I came home with, nom, nom, nom!

Kombucha

Daikon

I made a salad with all of this produce for birthday lunch at my sister's.
Birthday for Second Son, (38 already!!!)and Second Youngest Niece (13).
It's amazing how much more appetizing home grown and fresh is!!!!!
Sorry no pictures of resulting salad...no time, gobbled all up before a chance for photo-shoot(!!).
Also brought home basil, eggs, mushrooms, cookies, sage, well, I really believe I came home with more than I went with.
Priceless...the experience of satisfaction at being able to contribute to the household pantry without exchanging one cent!
Can't wait for next Crop & Swap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.