A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 16 December 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas.

Suddenly, Christmas has lost all its glamour.  First with the news that our nephew's partner has been diagnosed with bowel cancer in her mid twenties, and then when I contracted a stomach bug that afflicted me  not only with vomiting but with the vilest stomach cramps I have ever experienced.  
Now I have laryngitis and just the act of speaking is painful.  My energy levels are low.  My Christmas cards haven't even been written let alone posted and the weather has been appalling.
On the bright side though - our Eldest Son is arriving next week, flying over from the west coast and this has spurred me on to do the Christmas food shop today, before my visit to the GP.
This year we've decided on Kris Kringle for the adults so gift buying has been made a whole lot simpler. 
With only twelve days to Christmas this is the most un-organised I ever been I'm sure.
I can only hope that 2012 is a bringer of better news than what 2011 has been.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.