A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Teacup Tuesday





I bought myself a new teacup and saucer with side plate yesterday, from a community garage sale page.
I'm hoping it's the first of many.
My understanding is that this cup was made sometime between 1954 to 1973.

Linking to
Artful Affirmations.

9 comments:

  1. Your moss rose Royal Albert trio is just lovely. What a find! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite the lovely Moss Rose you have. Obviously you have quite the eye. Nice to meet you at Tea Cup Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! That's a favorite teacup pattern. I love it! So pretty! Nice to meet you!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! This is a lovely set! I think the florals have such a wonderful display of color, that it makes this pattern unique. Yay for you finding a tea cup set!
    Thanks so much for sharing your find with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm catching up on everyone's photos after being away from the computer for a couple of days. I have really enjoyed your recent photos, especially the Yellow Robin and the teacup - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for dropping by - I'm hoping that this is one of many more cups to come into my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cup! My Mum has a set and this is the third of the Royal Albert Moss Rose sets as the cup is a montrose style (name of cup shape).
    It is the early 1970's set and I think it's discontinued now and the cup, saucer and bread plate sets sell for around $30-$35 in "as new" condition so if you attained it for less than that you really achieved a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Tea Cup and Saucer!! I collection the vintage Made in Japan version of Moss Rose china....

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Robyn & Debbie for dropping by. There's so much to learn about one little trio isn't there? I think I'll have to start keeping notes on my acquisitions!
    I was lucky enough to pay around half the asking price you state Robyn. Although I didn't know how much they'd be in the shops I knew it was a bargain. I've seen trios in worse state selling for more.
    The Japanese version is cute too Debbie. I'll keep an eye out for it.
    I may have the beginnings of a mismatched tea set!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.