A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Thursday 1 March 2012

Day 61/366

Not a great photo at all - taken on my mobile phone.
This is a photograph to demonstrate how in the past few months the Blue Mountains has turned into a tropical rain forest.
This is tree stump in a suburban back garden.
Weather warnings tell us that there is worse to come.
In Sydney, the average rainfall for the month of February is 16mm.
The mean rainfall for Sydney in February 2012 was 118mm.
Warragamba Dam is expected to reach one hundred percent capacity tonight.
The spill gates will open automatically when it does, the first time this has happened in fourteen years.

7 comments:

  1. Hope you are managing to stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, we had sun today...it was short lived but very welcome! Hope you're coping where you are too.

      Delete
  2. I hope someone told the residents of Windsor, McGrath's Hill and all those further down the Hawkesbury River!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope someone told the residents of Windsor, McGrath's Hill and all those further down the Hawkesbury River!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The social media networks have been great with keeping people updated. I think one of the biggest problems for people living in these areas were the number of sightseers clogging the roads. They were also at risk of being cut off by flood waters too. Thanks goodness the situation has eased for the time being.

      Delete
  4. Hope you weren't affected by the Dam overflowing, the weather has been incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to live around 182m above sea level in the Blue Mountains. Many roads below the mountains were closed due to flooding but thank goodness, we didn't have to use them over the past few days.
      I think we've already reached our average rain fall for March and March isn't even a week old!

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.