A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Sunday 11 November 2012

Day 316/366


Despite a topsy turvy kind of spring, my rose geraniums have been flowering profusely.

I grow rose geraniums mostly to attract bees to the garden and to help with pollinating fruiting plants.

I must confess that I don't really have anything that's desperate for pollinating at the moment but I was pleasantly surprised to see that not only are the bees attracted to the rather small flowers of these pelargoniums but so are the butterflies.

I spent most of the day in the garden today, raking and clearing up the endless fallen leaves from our eucalypts and I took great delight in watching the parade of butterflies.

I'm fairly certain that the butterfly above is (unfortunately - in Australia) the common pest known as Pieris rapae or the European Cabbage Butterfly.  Like the Cabbage Moth, its larvae feed on cabbage.











2 comments:

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.