A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 24 May 2013

On A Mission

I've been on a bit of a mission the past few months.  To shed some kilos.
About eight months ago I came to the realisation that not only was I many kilograms overweight but my weight gain was continuing on an upward spiral...something that has never happened to me before.  I have never weighed more in my life than what I did eight months ago.
I tried the juicing thingy. It worked for a bit but I really couldn't see myself doing it long term.
So I started counting calories.  
I've lost seven kilos!



Have you heard of lemon water? I drink it for its ability to alkalize the body and for its high vitamin C content. This morning I decided to have it hot with a sprig of lemon balm.  Lemon balm is a great mood lifter.  And my mood certainly needs lifting at the moment.  For a variety of reason.  But that's another story. 


























I also enjoyed a persimmon for breakfast.

One thing that counting calories has made me aware of is how much sugar I have each day.
Too much sugar makes the body acidic.
I believed that I was not one for having lots of sugar in my diet but now I realise that I have more that what I need.
So I juggle what I'm going to eat to try and cut down on the sweet stuff but I don't cut it out completely.
I also found this helpful chart to identify causes for certain cravings. 
Counting calories has encouraged me to do more exercise too...after all, exercise burns calories.
I've also started meditating...and talking less.  The effect has been interesting to say the least.


2 comments:

  1. Good idea with the lemon water. I've been drinking green tea with either lemon juice or lemon verbena leaves in it as otherwise I drink too much black tea with milk and sugar. I've lost 3kg in 3 months but Winter is making it difficult as I'm feeling the cold and want lots of warming foods.
    Cheers, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Robyn.
      Good luck with the weight loss...you've done well to loose so much.
      Winter is hard I agree. I'm planning to go on more walks to compensate for the extra food I'm sure I'll be eating!

      Delete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.