Recently, I unpicked a stretch cotton nightie I no longer wore.
I carefully unpicked the seams.
I kept the hem intact to save me time later, and, using this pattern
I made our Grand Daughter two new nighties - one lilac and one soft green.
The original soft green nightie had short sleeves but there just wasn't quite enough saved fabric for the sleeves so I had to ad lib a little.
The original lilac nightie was sleeveless and a bit shorter than the soft green so I opted for a mauve cotton print for the sleeves because there just wasn't enough of the original fabric...but I don't seem to have a photo (oops).
Little Miss Six has been wearing them non stop since I made them.
Because it's a nightie I omitted the elastic from the sleeves and later I added buttons to the front of this nightie just so Little Miss Six knows front from back.
To the front of the lilac nightie I added a little pocket which I'd unpicked from the original.