A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 22 November 2013

Warning...

Highly edited photograph ahead....


For so long I have been attempting to photograph the elusive bower birds that frequent our garden.
Never in the past thirteen years have I seen one eating from the lorikeet feeder.  
To spot one this morning, only metres from our dinning room window, was certainly a surprise.
The fact that the bower bird has come to the feeder might be a reflection of the reduction of food in the wild - due to the dry weather and the recent bush fires.
But, the bird did not stay long and I had to creep around the corner of the house to take photographs.  The result...another bad photograph of the female or young male satin bowerbird. (The mature male satin bowerbird is a beautiful shiny blue-black).


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting this photo!! I can only imagine how delicate you must have been to get it! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.