A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Friday 3 January 2014

Kek Lapis

Over Christmas, our eldest, newly married son and his wife spent a week with us.  They flew over from the west.
J's sister likes to cook and she made some treats especially for us.
This treat was amazing...I have never seen such a creation. It is called Kek Lapis and baked over and over as each layer is cooked and added to.  In Indonesia the cake is traditionally made for special occasions and festivities.
Some recipes use up to thirty egg yolks.

It has a nutty flavour which probably comes from the multiple golden layers.

Will I be attempting this creation?  I think not...I will definitely leave it up to the experienced.
J's sister D spent hours baking the cake for us and the rest of the family oohed! and aahed! when I opened up the box as we have never seen anything like it before.

Needless to say it was a hit.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.