A Day In The A Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I welcome you to take your time and browse , visiting my bush garden and discovering the wonders of my city within a national park; Blue Mountains National Park. Via my blog you will travel with me through the successes, trials and tribulations of gardening on a bush block. I share with you my patchwork & quilting, knitting, paper crafts, cooking and life in general.

Wednesday 30 April 2014

WIP Wednesday


My sister's quilt is finally being labelled. Her birthday was yesterday but we have a great celebration planned for this coming Saturday and I will be gifting it to her then.
I try and embroider the labels of quilts given for significant occasions and of course, I always find myself struggling to add this finishing touch to the completed quilt.
Come hell or high water, it will be complete!
And my next quilt is already sitting by my sewing machine waiting for its first stitches.

Somewhere in all of this is a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt, a commission, to be sent off to the U.K. which is lagging behind dreadfully.  Thank goodness its new owner is not in a hurry.


Linking to



3 comments:

  1. A personalised label makes the quilt so special. Can I ask what pen you use to write the label? My first attempt was absolutely hopeless so I machine embroidered instead. I was quite pleased but love the look of hand embroidery.I'm visiting via WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love embroidered labels, they are a little something that says this is special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good peek at your label and I love that you have included so much information. I know I'm not the only one who admires old quilts at shows, but it terribly disappointed that the card says "maker unknown".
    You have made a family treasure which will be passed down in years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome

I welcome your comments; they are little personal notes to me. I enjoy reading what each of you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.